MetaTrader platform is an online trading platform that was released in 2002 for the first time by MetaQuotes Software Corp. The most popular version of the platform became MetaTrader 4, released in 2005. From the period of 2007-2010 the platform was integrated by the majority of brokers because it was already very popular among traders.
The Advantages of Forex MetaTrader
MetaTrader 4 trading platform, also known as MT4, is the most popular platform nowadays. Initially it was developed for Forex trading, but currently it is widely used for trading various financial instruments. The platform has many advantages due to which it became so popular among traders. First of all, it has fast execution, which is very important during trading. Simplicity of the usage of the platform, availability of various indicators and charts which are important for making technical analysis are another important fact that made the terminal so popular among clients. Those, who are interested in algorithmic tradng can use MetaQuotes Language 4 (MQL4), which gives traders the opportunity to use Expert Advisors and custom indicators. Surely, the platform has much more features, yet, these are the most important ones.
Components of Forex MetaTrader 4
MetaTrader 4 consists of the following components:
- MetaTrader 4 Server - the basis of the system where all the transactions take place and all the historical data is kept;
- MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal - it is the clients' part, where the traders have the opportunity to make trade transactions, get access to technical analysis and charts;
- MetaTrader 4 Administrator - gives the opportunity to manage server settings remotely;
- MetaTrader 4 Manager - this component gives an opportunity to manage traders’ accounts and process trade requests;
- MetaTrader 4 Data Center - this component is designed for increasing the scalability and security of the trading platform.
So far, MetaTrader 4 platform is the most popular trading platform in the world. It is available not only for the PC, but also for various mobile devices, which holds clients connected to trading on the way.
IFC Markets also provides the Web version of the popular MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform - MT4 WebTrader. It gives an opportunity to trade without the need to download and install MetaTrader 4 software on your PC. MetaTrader 4 WebTrader works on any web browser and supports all operating systems. Simply login and trade from your browser.
IFC Markets is a leading innovative financial company, offering private and corporate investors wide set of trading and analytical tools. The company provides its clients with Forex and CFD trading through its own-generated trading platform NetTradeX, which is available on PC, iOS, Android and Windows Mobile. The company also offers MetaTrader 5 trading platform. You may compare the advantages of each platform.